This easy potato recipe Potato Masala is also called Aloo Subji or Potato Bhaji.
Alu or Aloo means Potato in hindi. This is a very quick and easy to make dish. This Potato fry dish, is a good accompaniment with any Indian Bread, such as chapati, Poori or with Dosa, the Indian Vegan Pancake.
Potato masala is served in restaurants as well as in indian homes with Indian Breads such as Chapati , Poori, Dosa.
In many homes, this potato subji is the favorite accompaniment for chapati and poori. If you like potatoes, you are going to like this potato bhaji.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 5 small onions, chopped
- a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup green peas,boiled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Boil the potatoes, mash and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and when hot add the mustard and jeera seeds.
- When they crackle,add curry leaves,onions,chillies and fry till onions turn golden brown
- Add the mashed potatoes, green peas ,turmeric,salt,coriander leaves,lemon juice and mix well
- Cook for about 3 mins and remove from heat
- Serve hot with puris or chappatis