Kidney beans(Rajma) are a very good source of Protien,Folate,Zinc,Maganese,Iron,thiamin and riboflavin.
My recipe is not the traditional recipe,but this is how my mom used to prepare it.
- 1 cup Rajma,cooked( soak overnight in water and pressure cook next morning with a tsp of salt until soft)
- 2 Potatoes-cut into cubes-boiled
Onions-2 finely chopped
- 1 Tomato-chopped
- Cooking Oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
For the Masala
- 6 Red Chillies ,add or reduce as per taste
- 1/2 Scraped Coconut
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Haldi Powder
- 8 Pepper Corns
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera
- 1/4 Teaspoon Methi Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Khus Khus
- 1 Teaspoon Badee Saunf (Moti Saunf)
- 4 -5 Flakes Garlic
- 1 Table Spoon Corriander Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Til
- 1 Onion,chopped
For the masala:
- Heat a pan,with 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- Add the 1/2 scraped coconut along with the other masala ingredient mentioned above and stir , so everything gets mixed well .
- when the coconut turns golden and you start geting a fragnant aroma of the masala,remove from fire and cool
- Blend all the above ingrediants with 1 cup water,till smooth.Keep aside.
For the Curry:
- Heat pan with oil and when hot add the chopped onions and saute until golden
- Now add the chopped tomato and cook till oil leaves the side of the pan
- Now add the above masala and cook till you get a boil
- Add the boiled Rajma and cook for another 8-10 minutes on slow fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with Rice or chapati