Well since this is my first blog,i could'nt think of a better recipe than my all time favourite Choclate Cake.This is my mom's recipe and its my all time favourite .
I tried it for the first time,after my marriage for christmas and was an instant hit with my husband.This is also the first cake that i have done on my own.Hope you guys try and enjoy it too.Cheers!
Choclate Cake Recipe
- 500 gms all purpose flour( maida)
- 500 gms Sugar
- 500 gms Butter
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp strong balck coffee
- 1tbsp Brandy
- 100 gms ground almonds
- 500 g dark choclate melted or 1/4 cup cocoa powder
For the cream coating:-
- 500g dark choclate
- 225 ml double cream
- A packet of choclate chips
- Preheat owen to 180C/gas 4
- Lightly butter a cake tin and line the base with a non sticking baking parchment
- Melt the choclate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmmering water, leave to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar togetter in a large bowl until light and fluffy
- Beat in the cooled choclate,brandy and coffee.
- Add the eggs one by one,beating well after each addition
- Add a little bit of flour after each egg and so on,till eggs n flour is over
- Add the baking soda and salt
- Beat well till the mixture is creamy
- Pour the mixture into the prepared skewer and bake for 35-40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile gently heat the cream and choclate together over very low heat until the choclate has melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool completly in the tin.
- when cooled,turn the cake out and spread the chocolate cream over the top.sprinkle the choco-chips.
- Serve in slices as it is or with plently of whipped vanilla flavoured cream or icecream