This is a famous Portuguese cake dessert,which my mom used to prepare since i was a little girl and one of my favourites .This cake is ideal for childrens parties or just any party and whoever takes a bite of this cake will not stop at one piece. I prepared it some days back and my Husband finished it in no time...so just go ahead n try out this mouthwatering dessert.
For the Custard
- Milk – 3 cups
- Strawberry flavoured Custard powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3tbsp
For the Cake:
- Marie Biscuits biscuit – 14-16
- Coffee decoction – 1/4 cup
For the Custard:
- Dissolve the custard powder in 1/4 cup warm milk.
- Heat the remaining to a boil.
- Add sugar.
- Add the custard milk.
- Heat it on low flame stirring constantly for about 4-5 minutes,till it thickens and is cooked.
- Take it off from the gas and allow to cool to just warm.
Or Prepare the custard as instructed on the packet.
Arranging the Cake
- Layer the base of the pudding bowl with biscuits soaked in the coffee decoction in a close circle with one biscuit at the centre.
- Over each biscuit spread a layer of strawberry custard .
- Top it again by a layer of biscuits soaked in the coffee decoction and top it with another strawberry custard layer.
- Continue with biscuit-custard for 3 layers.
- Cover the top and sides of the cake with remaining custard,making sure the biscuits are invisible.
- Give the cake a nice finish using a knife or a spatula.
- Top with Cashewnuts and chocolate chips and set in the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with cashewnuts.
- Remove about 10 minutes prior to serving and enjoy this yummy mouthwatering desert.