- 2 Pomfrets,large-Clean,cut and apply salt,keep aside
- 1 medium size onion,chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato,chopped finely
- 1 Green Chilli ,slit
- 1tbsp,coconut Vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt,to taste
- A bunch of finely chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
Ingrediants for Masala:
- 6 Kashmiri Chillies
- 1/2 Scraped Coconut
- A Small Piece of Ginger
- 3 Flakes Garlic
- 1 Tea spoon Corriander seeds
- 1/2 Tea spoon Haldi Powder
- 1/2 Tea spoon Jeera seeds
- Heat a deep pan on a medium flame, add the oil and heat.
- Add the onions,green chilli and fry till golden brown
- Add the chopped tomato and cook till the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- Now add the masala paste you just ground to the oil and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add the 2 cups of water (add more water if you would like more gravy) and bring the gravy to a boil. Reduce the flame to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Gently add the pieces of fish to the gravy and cook for 10 more minutes. Do not cover the pan at any time during the cooking.
- Incase this dish turns out a little too spicy for your taste ,you can add a tablespoon of coconut vinegar.
- Turn off the fire and garnish with corainder leaves
- Serve immediately with plain boiled rice.