I was bored to prepare an elaborate lunch for myself and thinking what to cook,since i was home alone,just than i opened the fridge and saw last nights potato bhajji and the first thought that come to my mind was ALOO PARATHA....and they where yummy...so go ahead and try them out and do let me know ....:)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- a pinch of salt
you can use leftover potato bhaji or the below ingrediants
- 2 medium potatoes( boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 chopped green chilli(chopped finely)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix flour, salt and water together to make soft dough.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingrediants for the filling in a bowl andmix thoroughly.Keep aside.
- You can also use leftover potato bhajji,instead of the above filling.
- Divide the potato and the dough mixture into equal parts.The potato ball must be slighly larger than the dough ball.
- Roll the dough to a chapati and place the potato ball in the centre and seal by pulling the edges of the rolled dough together to make a ball. In the same way make balls of the remaining mixture.
- Now take one of the balls,dust with flour and roll into a roti gently.
- Heat a skilled for 3-4 minutes and place therolled paratha on the hot griddle
- When the paratha puffs up or turns slight golden,flip the paratha
- Add a tsp of oil on the paratha and continue cooking
- After about 2-3 minutes flip the paratha again and smear some more oil
- Make sure the paratha is golden brown on both sides before removing from the griddle
- Continue making the remaining parathas in the same way.
- Serve hot with pickle,tomato ketchup or curd and Chai.