Sabhudana Khichdi is a Maharastrian dish.The first time i had Sabhudana khichdi was in my hostel mess.They would prepare it every Thursday as it was a fasting day and the girls could eat only this.Anyways it was my favourite dish among all the other dishes they would prepare in the hostel and i would wait for Thursdays to come ...so i could gorge on this delicious dish.After i was back home ,i forgot all about this dish and started to enjoy my Mom's Goan food.After about 2 years ,i was at a supermarket when i saw sabhudhana and suddenly remembered this dish and my days in the hostel .So i picked up a packet of sabhudana and after googling for the recipe went straight to make it as all the other ingrediants were at home....and Viola...it turned out delicious...much better than the hostel one and from that day it has a weekly place in my kitchen,specially when am home alone and in no mood to cook an elaborate meal or for braekfast.
Its a comfort food for me which i can have any time...m sure u guys wouldbe in love with this dish tooo...so go ahead and try it out....and do send in your valuable comments...
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 medium sized potato,boiled and cut into fine cubes
- one handful groundnuts
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- Wash sabudana nicely and soak the sabhudana for 4 hours in a little water(the water added to soak must not be more than 1/4 the quantity of sabhudana )
- After 4 hours add salt, sugar and mix well.Keep aside.
- Heat oil, add jeera seeds, chopped green chillies, groundnuts and potatoes and stir for 3-4 minutes
- Now add sabudana and mix well. Keep on simmer for 5 to 10 minutes till sabudana is cooked. Sabudana will change colour once it is cooked. Don't cover the pan ,at any point.
- Sprinkle some lime juice.
- Remove from fire and serve hot.